Frequently asked questions:
- How do I change my listing status?
- What is the difference between no longer available and delisted?
- I cannot change my listing status?
- Why can't I reactivate a past listing?
- Is my listing active?
What you should know:
Listing status is used to indicate to users the condition of your listing. As an agent, it is important to make sure your listings reflect the correct status to help potential clients better understand availabilities, help you track your listing history, preserve StreetEasy listing integrity, and prevent extra charges.
StreetEasy offers the following statuses you can choose from based on the case:
- Draft: The listing is visible by you only. In this status, you can edit your listing and add all the necessary information. Note that you can only delete listing when they are under draft status
- Active: The listing is active and lives on StreetEasy. This means that users can find your listing on search results and contact you. Active listings will initiate the Day on the Market count. (Rental listing invoice will only process if the listing is marked as active).
- In Contract: This status reflects when the listing has a pending application. When a listing is marked as In Contract, the listing will no longer appear in the search results. However, it will still be visible to users on the building or property pages.
- Sold: For sale listings, when a deal has been closed, it is essential to mark the listing as Sold. Doing so, StreetEasy will automatically start looking for sale records on ACRIS (Automated City Register Information System). When a match is found, a closing page will be created, and where the selling and buying agents can claim the deal. (Please note that depending on the case, this can take from 2- 8 weeks)
- Temporarily Off-Market: This status will stop billing for rentals. The listing will no longer appear on search results and under the building page as an active listing. The status is used to indicate that the listing is on pause and will be coming back on the market in a few days or a week.
- Delisted: This status will stop billing for rentals. The listing will no longer appear on search results and under the building page as an active listing. This status is used to indicate that the agent no longer has the exclusive and will not be posting the listing in the future.
- No longer available: This status will stop billing for rentals. The listing will no longer appear on search results and under the building pages as an active listing. This is used when the agent wants to pause the listing and does not wish to receive contacts.
- Pending review from StreetEasy: This indicates that the listing needs further verification in order to be activated. To facilitate this, please send an email to email@example.com with your exclusive agreement and CC the landlord/building management. Someone from the StreetEasy data integrity team will reach back to assist.
- Pending brokerage review: This indicates that the listing is currently submitted to your brokerage listing office for review. Please reach out to your listing department for approval.
How do I change the status of my listing? (attach screenshots)
- Under Agent Tools, click on My Listings
- Switch between Sale and Rental toggle to locate the listing of interest.
- Hover your mouse over it (without clicking on it)
- Click on the blue “edit” button
- Click on the Status drop-down on the top right corner and select the desired status, then press save.
Why can't I change the status of my listing to active?
It's probably because the listing has been off-the-market for more than 90 consecutive days. If that's the case, a new listing will need to be created.