General requirements for all listings:
o StreetEasy requires a full address and accurate unit numbers. We reserve the right to seek validation that a unit number is accurate, including but not limited to compliance with the Offering Plan. We do not accept #VAR in lieu of real unit numbers. A complete address is required to improve transparency in the marketplace and for StreetEasy to investigate listings and maintain listing quality. If StreetEasy is unable to verify a listing, we may remove the listing at any time without warning. If there are repeated issues with an advertiser posting listings with inaccurate unit numbers, their StreetEasy account may be placed on probation or suspended.
o Photographs for all rental and resale units should be of the actual unit being advertised.
o Only legal bedrooms should be included in bedroom count and all units must be advertised as they exist today, not with the details associated with potential renovations. StreetEasy reserves the right to update bedroom count, or any other feature/amenity of the listing or building referenced in the listing description or attributes if advertised incorrectly. In addition, units with approval to be combined, but not yet combined, must be advertised using existing room counts and details. Details of potential to combine can be added to the listing description only.
o StreetEasy does not advertise Single Room Offers/Rooms for Rent.
o Days on Market must be an accurate reflection of how long a unit has been available. StreetEasy reserves the right to alter Days on Market if evidence exists to support this.
o The Services are limited to residential real estate. You may not use the Services to advertise commercial real estate, which includes, without limitation, commercially zoned properties, investment opportunities, timeshares, vacation rentals, and fractional ownership properties.
o StreetEasy requires disclosure if a for-sale unit is tenant-occupied. Prominent disclosure of tenant occupancy in the listing description is required to improve transparency in the marketplace and inform potential buyers of the true availability of the property. If tenants will not be moving out, this will be classed as an investment opportunity and cannot be advertised on StreetEasy.
o Limitations on Self-Promotion and Marketing. StreetEasy restricts the inclusion of self-promoting information on listings and professional profile pages. This includes, but is not limited to, self-promotion on photos and media, in names and/or in listing descriptions.
▪ Photos and Video Walkthroughs. You may not include marketing information, including, without limitation, an Agent's name, company name, logo, phone number and/or email address on listing photos or in video walkthroughs, whether as text, a watermark, or otherwise.
▪ Listing Descriptions. You may not include marketing information, including, without limitation, an Agent's name, phone number and/or email address within a listing description.
▪ Profile Name and Photo. You may not include contact information, or any promotional or marketing information (including a phone number, email address, website URL, promotional tagline or slogan, or discount offer) in your profile photo or as part of your name as it appears in your profile. Your name as it appears in your profile may not include titles, descriptions, or any information other than your name or your business or team name. You may not display a business or team name in your profile other than the official business or team name under which you formally provide services to clients both on and off of Zillow. Zillow may require you to provide documentation to support the foregoing
o It is imperative that the status of each listing is accurate. If your account routinely misleads users about the status or availability of your sale or rental, we may prevent you from posting listings on StreetEasy.
o Listing history will not be removed or altered.
o Brokerages: In order to post a listing on StreetEasy, all listing Agents must be registered with the New York Department of State Division of Licensing Services and the full name, license, and correct contact information of each listing Agent must be made available to StreetEasy. StreetEasy reserves the right to request official documents for verification purposes.
o Management companies and owners: StreetEasy requires all listings to include the full name and correct contact information of the corresponding landlord/owner/management company. StreetEasy reserves the right to request official documents for verification purposes.
o StreetEasy only accepts sale listings that are exclusive or co-exclusive. Listings may only be advertised by a real estate agent (an "Agent") who is the contracted, exclusive listing Agent for a listing. Multiple listing Agents may be shown on a single listing, but there should never be more than one copy of an active listing advertised by the same firm. The only time two copies of the same unit may be shown is when there is a legitimate co-exclusive between two different brokerages. In the case of a co-exclusive, each brokerage will have its own separate listing for the specified unit. If StreetEasy is unable to verify an exclusive agreement, we may remove the corresponding listing at any time without warning. A single unit can be advertised as for sale and for rent by the same brokerage at the same time however only the sale listing will syndicate to other Zillow Group sites. In the event of a co-exclusive, only one sale listing will syndicate.
o All sale listings should be posted on StreetEasy within 24 hours of the public dissemination of the listing.
o A management company or other individual working on behalf of an owner who is not a licensed real estate agent/brokerage may only advertise a unit for sale via the StreetEasy For Sale by Owner product.
o Agents who are posting a sale listing that does not allow buyer’s agents to be compensated, also known as “principals only” or “buyers only” listings, must either use the StreetEasy For Sale by Owner product or purchase Agent Spotlight when posting their listing on StreetEasy. StreetEasy may require an agent to provide information on the co-broke status and co-broke percentage offered when creating a listing in Agent Tools, but StreetEasy will only make this information visible to other industry professionals.
o Stale listings: The details for each sale listing should be verified on StreetEasy every 14 days, if no updates have been made during that time. By verifying the listing, the agent is confirming that the listing is still available and active on the market. Agents can do this in the My Listings section of their StreetEasy account. Listings that remain on the market for more than 120 days, without being updated, will be considered stale and removed from StreetEasy
o Claimed deals: Deals can only be claimed if an agent actively represented the buyer/seller. Deals can be claimed by “teams” if they too collected commission on the transaction. StreetEasy reserves the right to investigate reports of inaccurate claims and request documentation to confirm involvement in the claimed transaction.
o Only one copy of a management company’s or owner’s rental listing is permitted on StreetEasy. Either a brokerage or the landlord/owner/management company may advertise a property - not both.
o StreetEasy Advertising Permission for rental listings: We no longer accept unit level exclusive agreements for rental listings. Approval requirements are included here, however StreetEasy reserves the right to assign advertising permissions, outside of these requirements, as and when deemed appropriate:
▪ General Rental Buildings
• Landlord/Management Company can advertise
• Landlord/Management Company can assign StreetEasy advertising rights to one Brokerage
• The same unit can never be advertised by both
• Landlord/Management Company can instruct StreetEasy whether Lease Assignments are approved to be advertised on StreetEasy. Definition of a Lease Assignment:
The incoming tenant would be “assigned” to the existing lease and remaining months. In these instances, the tenant may be looking for the new tenant to take over the lease and may use a brokerage or a FRBO to do this. If using a brokerage, there will be an exclusive agreement in place and this should include the terms of the Lease Assignment e.g. how many months remaining, rent etc.
• The distinction for the Lease Assignment is that the brokerage must be directly representing the tenant, and not the landlord e.g. Lease Break. If representing the landlord, the unit must be advertised by either the Landlord/Management Company or the brokerage with StreetEasy advertising rights.
▪ Rental Management Company Claimed Buildings
• Certain Rental Management Companies qualify for a specific account status with StreetEasy called RMC account status
• As an RMC client, the RMC receives enhanced services and products from StreetEasy
• The RMC has a portfolio of Claimed Buildings with StreetEasy
• In these Claimed Buildings, the RMC is required to advertise all rental listings on StreetEasy. This is a contractual requirement for this account status and no brokerage listings are permitted
• As with general Rental Buildings, the RMC can instruct StreetEasy whether Lease Assignments are approved to be advertised on StreetEasy, at a building level
o Net Effective Rent: All rental listings must be advertised with the gross rent for the unit. In Agent Tools, details of net effective rent can be calculated. If this function is used, the listing will appear in all search results for both the gross and net effective rent.